Practice Evaluating Equations
Use the above panel to test your equation evaluation skills. For each problem, follow
the following method:
- Rewrite the equation on your scratch paper.
- Inset numerical values into the formula.
- Do the calculation to evaluate your formula.
- STEP-BY-STEP: Simplify the equation by adding, subtracting,
multiplying or dividing the numerical values in the formula. Do all processes in the correct order.
- Do computations within parentheses first
- Within an expression with no parentheses, do exponents first, multiply/divide second, then do add/subtract.
- ALL-AT-ONCE: Enter the formula with numerical values into your calculator and find the answer