Closed Loop Survey Help
- Make a survey of a closed loop path using straight line segments.
If the slope or direction of a path changes, then start a new straight segment.
For each straight segment, measure the segment heading with a compass and slope with the clinometer.
- Use the menu drop list to enter the Number of Straight Segments in the Closed Loop
into the calculator.
- For each surveyed section, enter the Segment Length, Segment Slope and
Segment Heading. Press Enter to enter your data and Next to enter your next
- When done entering data for all segments, check all your values in the text box at the bottom of the calculator. To fix any nistake, use the Next button to move to the items to be corrected, edit your values and press Save to enter your new value.
- Press Grade Loop to receive a grade on your closed loop survey. If your survey is accurate, your numbers should show that you have returned to the same spot from which you started.
The grade is based on how far your final location is from your starting position.